35 'For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ - Matthew 25:35-36
We see clearly from Scripture that God's heart is for justice and bringing wholeness to the broken systems and patterns of the world. God has invited us into that work. Below are a few ways to begin to respond to that invitiation.
Red Oak Hope
Red Oak is dedicated to bringing freedom, hope and restoration to women and children affected by the sex industry. Service opportunities will vary, and most volunteer needs will be for women only. But there are certainly times we need men to help as well!
To stay updated with service opportunities, contact Heather at firstname.lastname@example.org
India Gospel League
India Gospel League works to spread the gospel and plant new churches all over India. Part of that mission is building clean water wells in different villages, as a vessel to show God's love and bring the community together to share the good news. As The Table, we are commited to raising enough money to fund a new well.
Click HERE to donate. If you are a medical professional interested in a possible mission trip to India, contact Steven at email@example.com to join the interest list.
Mobile Loaves and Fishes
Mobile Loaves and Fishes provides the homeless in our city with food, clothing and a place to be known. As a church body we previously maintained our own truck 6 days a week. With Kingdom Come, our goal is for The Table to run the truck on Sundays, so that everyday of the week Austin Ridge is building relationships with the homeless community.
If interested in packing meals or joining truck runs, contact Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Prayer is not the least you can do! Bethany Hoang writes, "seeking justice begins with seeking the God of justice" and we do that through the Word and prayer.
- Join with others at Austin Ridge to pray for justice. We meet the second Sunday of each month at 9:15 AM in Building D, prayer room at the Bee Cave campus.
- Set aside time to pray through Micah 6:8. Ask God to give you His heart to see justice and injustice like He does.
- Pray through the following Scriptures with the lens of God’s heart for justice: Deuteronomy 10:17-19; Psalm 10:17-18; 37:6; 140:12; Isaiah 1:17; 58:1-14; Matthew 5:2-11
- Read The Good News About Injustice by Gary Haugen
- Learn more about how Austin Ridge is currently serving in austin and around the world HERE
Email email@example.com to be added to the justice email list, find out about upcoming events, or to ask any questions!