RIDGE STUDENT MINISTRY SUMMER INTERNSHIP
Ridge Student Ministry Summer Interns will have the opportunity to learn and develop ministry knowledge and skills by actively engaging in and supporting the ministry needs in areas of their specific passions and talents. The three main aspects of the internship include Education, Experience, and Execution. From event planning, strategic prayer, Bible study writing and leading, worship leading and team building, the Ridge Student Ministry Summer Interns will partner with our team as we work with parents and leaders to raise a generation of disciples for Jesus.
Our summer interns will also have the opportunity to be discipled by our Student Ministry and church staff as they serve throughout the summer.
- Heart for ministry to students and families
- Multi-tasker with some event planning and execution skills
- Creative thinker who takes initiative
- Personable and relatable with good communication skills
- Servant-Leader attitude in all things and a team player
- Eager to learn and be mentored
- Possible specialized skills in areas of speaking or worship leading (not required)
Support the Ridge Student Ministry in, but not limited to:
- Summer Camp – Plan and facilitate camp, support staff members with camp components, etc.
- Mission Trip – Give leadership, support and admin help to trip leader in preparation for assigned Mission Trip.
- Plan and teach a summer Sunday mornings.
- Plan and teach a weekday small group Bible study.
- Support the Ridge Student Ministry staff around the office with various tasks and learn the ins-and-outs of church ministry.
SCHEDULE AND HOURS
Schedule and hours may fluctuate, but will typically include:
- The 12-Week Internship starts on May 14th and ends on August 2nd.
- 35-40 hours per work week, typically made up on Sunday Mornings from 8:30am-12: 30 pm and Monday-Thursday 9am-4pm. Wednesday 5pm-9pm. Meeting with students throughout the week.
- There will be extended hours during Camp and during Mission Trip. There may also be some weekends where you may be needed to help serve with special events.
- This is a paid position. (You will receive one week, 5 days, paid leave during the internship, upon approval of the direct report.